On 10/18/2013 3:36 PM, Brent Ryan wrote:
My schema is pretty simple and has a string field called solr_id as my
unique key.  Once I get back to my computer I'll send some more details.

If you are trying to use a Map object as the value of a field, that is probably why it is interpreting your add request as an atomic update. If this is the case, and you're doing it because you have a multivalued field, you can use a List object rather than a Map.

If this doesn't sound like what's going on, can you share your code, or a simplification of the SolrJ parts of it?

Thanks,
Shawn