Dear Solr-Experts,

I am using Solr for my current web-application on my server successfully.
Now I would like to use it in my second web-application that is hosted
on the same server. Is it possible in any way to create two independent
instances/databases in Solr? I know that I could create another set of
fields with alternated field names, but I would prefer to be independent
on my field naming for all my projects.

Also I would like to be able to have one state of my development version
and one state of my production version on my server so that I can do
tests on my development-state without interference on my production-version.
What is the best-practice to achieve this or how can this be done in
general?

I have searched google but could not get any usefull results because I
don't even know what terms to search for with solr.
A minimal-example would be most helpfull.

Thanks a lot!

Stavros