Hi,

Using mm=1 with (e)dismax is not a good idea. Your user will be unhappy.
Because there in no coord factor with this parser.
coord is about : "Typically, a document that contains more of the query's terms
will receive a higher score than another document with fewer query terms."

I suggest you to use something more restrictive  : "3<-1 6<80%"

I think there is a new feature autoRelax in some ticket. Even better start with
mm=100% and relax mm value until you retrieve *enough* documents.

It is OK to use default operator of OR with default operator because coord
factor kicks in.

http://lucene.apache.org/core/3_0_3/api/all/org/apache/lucene/search/Similarity.html#formula_coord

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/DisMaxQParserPlugin#mm_.28Minimum_.27Should.27_Match.29

Ahmet