bq: But it is possible to select a different boost field depending on
the current filter query?

Well, you're constructing the URL somewhere, you can choose the right
boost there can't you?

I don't understand this bit:
Well its basically one multivalued field that can have unlimited
values and has multiple per document (on average like 8)

The _values_ aren't at issue, it's just the name of the field. You can
have lots of dynamic fields defined in your documents and it's not too
expensive. Don't go wild here, when you get up into the hundreds maybe
you should think about it a bit.

I feel I'm missing something, some concrete examples would help a lot.

Best,
Erick