Currently we are not using SolrJ but are simply interacting with solr with
json over http, this will change in a couple of months but currently not
there. As of now we are putting all the logic in query building, using it
to query solr and then passing on the json returned by it to front end. I
know this is not the ideal approach, but that's what we have at the moment.
Hence need a way of deterministically order the result set provided they
match other search criteria.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Apoorva