Hello Wayde,

Am Sonntag, den 04.10.2009, 21:46 +0200 schrieb Wayde:
> In karmic, there is no more xorg.conf but we can create one and the
> options in it are used when X starts.

In my Karmic still an xorg.conf exists, specially because of the uxa
acceleration:
        Option        "AccelMethod" "uxa"
Or do you know an other way without xorg.conf to use that acceleration?

> You have missed a ".1" in the libgl name in the part between the marks
> (>> .. <<)
> libgl='/usr/lib/libGL.so.1'
> libglx='/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so'

No, that is not forgotten, that is done extra! It does a readlink loop
until the last and real linktarget is found:

        while readlink $libgl; do
            libgl=/usr/lib/$(basename `readlink $libgl`);
        done

after that loop, the variable "$libgl" bears the last and definitive
target, even if that is not libGL.so.1 but (like in my case)
libGL.so.1.2 (or maybe in future: libGL.so.2.xy)

The system itself looks on LibGL.so (and reads the link), if that one
day gets a libGL.so.2 as target, my Script still works correct.

The same with the nvidia lib-version. You can update your nvidia driver,
my scripts will use allways the highest installed version it can find.

> And for the grub parameters in Karmic there is grub2, so we should add
> them to /etc/default/grub :
> GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="acpi_osi=\"!Windows 2006\" acpi_backlight=vendor"

Thank you for that Information, My Machine does still use grub(1) for
compatibility reasons but I will provide your Information on the linked
website. Thanks.

> I'll continue the install and tell you what happens after.

Thank you in advance.
Raphael