I have been out for a while due to Christmas holidays. I will try to install the module you mentioned today. I am using windows 7 and Ubuntu Koala with the last kernel. I will share my experience afterwards.
Cheers, Bruno 2009/12/15 Raphael Gradenwitz <[email protected]> > Hello Bruno, > > Am Dienstag, den 15.12.2009, 19:05 +0000 schrieb Bruno Santos: > > I got a new Sony Z5 last week and I installed ubuntu 9.10. Most of the > > things are working quite well out of the box, but I was trying to find a > > solution for the switch between the discrete and nvidia card. I found > > the tutorial for "Installation of Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope on Sony > > Vaio VGNZ11MN/B by Philipp Blanke" but when I tried to compile the sony- > > laptop module I get an error message. > > >From where did you take that module? From Eva's website: > http://www.basyskom.org/%7Eeva/log_installation_vaio_z21vnx.html > > If yes, that Module is for kernel < 2.6.31 > > You are using a newer Kernel > 2.6.31 and that needs the new module from > Norbert Preining. > > > Can someone please tell me if there is any solution for this problem or > > other ways around to solve the problem. I have also managed to find a > > different solution here: > > > > http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg00659.html > > > , but apparently then the > > switch stops working properly in Windows which I also don't want. > > What Windows? XP, Vista or Windows 7? > > Normaly nothing will stop working under windows. You maybe have to boot > twice after using Linux, thats all > > You dont have to build the module. > The sony-VGN-Zseries-janitor script does the work for you. > Choose the option to install with the jockey-script. > > http://global-social.net/sony-VGN-Z#janitor > > Regards, > Raphael > >
_______________________________________________ Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series Post to : [email protected] Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

