For some reason that is not the behaviour on this side. I reboot and do proper shutdown several times but every I get into windows I receive a low resolution screen (800x600) and no light on either in speed or stamina. The weird part is that yesterday the first time I got into Windows I had the light working but I couldn't switch between Stamina and Speed modes. Cheers, Bruno
2010/1/7 Patrick Valdellon <[email protected]> > As mentioned earlier, you have to boot twice when you switch the OS. > So when you were using linux you rebot into windows. Don't log in, > just choose reboot from the login screen. The second time around, > everthing will be working. > br, > Patrick > > 2010/1/7 Bruno Santos <[email protected]>: > > I wouldn't even have bought this one. But it was the lab were I work that > > bought it for me. I still believe that Sony products are too expensive > for > > their value. > > And unfortunately the lack of support for Linux and the restricted > policies > > in which concern public release of hardware and software information is > not > > exclusive from Sony. > > > > Well anyway, I still have probably a very naive question, but I am not > > getting the stamina<->Speed switch working on Windows for some reason. Do > I > > need to remove/uncomment the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="acpi_osi=\ > > \\"!Windows 2006\\\"" and run update-grub to the switch works in Windows? > > > > Cheers, > > Bruno > > > > > > 2010/1/7 Norbert Preining <[email protected]> > >> > >> On Do, 07 Jan 2010, Raphael Gradenwitz wrote: > >> > Better is, to simply spend no more money for Sony products in future.. > >> > >> 5000% agreed. That was the first and last laptop I bought from Sony, > >> and the last product. > >> > >> Best wishes > >> > >> Norbert > >> ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > >> Norbert Preining prein...@{jaist.ac.jp, logic.at, debian.org > } > >> JAIST, Japan TU Wien, Austria Debian TeX Task Force > >> DSA: 0x09C5B094 fp: 14DF 2E6C 0307 BE6D AD76 A9C0 D2BF 4AA3 09C5 B094 > >> ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > >> LISTOWEL (n.) > >> The small mat on the bar designed to be more absorbent than the bar, > >> but not as absorbent as your elbows. > >> --- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff > >> > >> _______________________________________________ > >> Mailing list: > >> https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series<https://launchpad.net/%7Esony-vaio-z-series> > >> Post to : [email protected] > >> Unsubscribe : > >> https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series<https://launchpad.net/%7Esony-vaio-z-series> > >> More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp > > > > > > > > _______________________________________________ > > Mailing list: > > https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series<https://launchpad.net/%7Esony-vaio-z-series> > > Post to : [email protected] > > Unsubscribe : > > https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series<https://launchpad.net/%7Esony-vaio-z-series> > > More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp > > > > > > _______________________________________________ > Mailing list: > https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series<https://launchpad.net/%7Esony-vaio-z-series> > Post to : [email protected] > Unsubscribe : > https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series<https://launchpad.net/%7Esony-vaio-z-series> > More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp >
_______________________________________________ Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series Post to : [email protected] Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

