Hello!

Thanks for the pointers! Hope you'll have fun wherever you have to run
to (no crawling through the mud under machine-gun fire)!

Just a few follow-ups about things that are not entirely clear yet:

> How about simply increasing the ambient lighting of the ground
> triangles affected? Same would go with affected units.

Ok, this works for highlighting a part of the terrain, but if I want
something like, say, a funny-looking marker around every selected unit,
I'd need to something with more resolution than the ground triangles. Is
there a way to locally put a new texture over part of the ground?

By the way, is there a way to assign a texture to individual faces of a
terrain in real-time (for example if I'm getting terrain streamed in
real-time from a server)?

> Not sure why you would want to do this, z is depth, 2d coords don't
> have depth, so you can't affect it by moving the mouse.

Ok, seems I have to do some more reading on the coordinate systems. Just
had some funny things happening in my test app.

Thanks a lot,
-Wojtek