I haven't studied GPLv3 in details but as far as I know the idea is pretty much the same that GPLv2. GPL means "Absolutely no use of the code in a non free project !". GPLv3 just removed some holes in GPLv2 that were used by some to go around that restriction.
Note that GLPv3 is just about source code. Is is possible to have a game with source code on GPLv3 and non free sound and graphic stuff.

So the true question is : do we want soya never to be used in non free project ? If the answer is yes we should go straight into GPLv3.

I personally prefer LGPL licence. People have the right to use code under LGPL in non free project but they have to share the improvements they made on the code.  I believe it is a good trade off, allowing people to make money with your code but benefit from their work. Anyway don't hit me ! I'm not going to start a licence war :)

Souvarine.