I think its also important to consider that this is a _python_
library; so any program that uses soya is going to be distributed in a
form that isn't all that hard to turn into something human readable,
if it is not already human readable.

By nature, python doesn't lend a whole lot to closed source and trade
secrets. It might be kind of silly to disregard a license change on
the grounds that the library couldn't be used in such a
project/product.

I think the differences between gpl2 and 3 in our case are pretty transient.

Personally, I prefer to stay fairly buzzword complaint, other than
that it matters very little which license we use.

On Dec 5, 2007 6:33 PM, Paul Furber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Dec 6, 2007 1:33 AM, julian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > from what i understand, many 'closed' development environments would
> > consider the GPL ideal an ideal license in this regard.
> >
> > i am curious however: you gave the example of a game being developed
> > using GPL'd code with no intention of redistribtion. what sort of game
> > was this?
>
> It was a research flight simulation that was expanded into a game with
> multiplayer and combat. It used a 3d library which was licensed under the
> GPL. The company was (and probably still is)  not in the business of
> developing games or sims - it just needed one and you know how programmers
> are :)
>
> Paul.

This email message is public domain.  Have a nice day! ^_^