On Dec 5, 2007 9:15 PM, Paul Furber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Absolutely right. It's just that I have just come across _huge_ inhouse
> projects (including at least one game!) that used GPLed code perfectly
> legally because the company wasn't ever intending to redistribute the code,
> either because it wasn't their core business to distribute software or
> because it was simply an inhouse support project only.

(I'm not a lawyer as well =)

However, the license of the projects using those GPLed codes must be
the GPLed as well, even if it is used only internally. This means that
any worker of the company that uses the software must have access to
the source *and* the right to do anything with it (obviously,
permitted by the GPL). He [the worker] may actually even redistribute
the software to their competitor without violating the license.

--
Felipe.