Dear all - this is my first go at installing Spamassassin and I get
stuck in the 'make' procedure. It results in:

  souterrain:/home/erik/Mail-SpamAssassin-2.01# make
  cc -Dbool=char -DHAS_BOOL -D_REENTRANT -DDEBIAN -I/usr/local/include
  -O2  spamd/spamc.c \
     -o spamd/spamc -L/usr/local/lib -lnsl -lndbm -lgdbm
     -ldbm -ldb -ldl -lm -lc -lposix -lcrypt
  /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lndbm
  collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
  make: *** [spamd/spamc] Error 1

I have tried to look around for this error and what it might be missing,
but had little success. My system is Debian Potato (I know there is a
package for Woody/Sid, but upgrading is not an issue here).

Any pointer or hint is much appreciated!

--
  Erik van der Meulen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>