On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 05:48:54PM +0100, Erik van der Meulen wrote:
| Dear all - this is my first go at installing Spamassassin and I get
| stuck in the 'make' procedure. It results in:

|   /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lndbm

| I have tried to look around for this error and what it might be
| missing,

The error means that there is no "libndbm.so" on your system.

| but had little success. My system is Debian Potato (I know there is
| a package for Woody/Sid, but upgrading is not an issue here).

I think you mean that upgrading is not an option.

| Any pointer or hint is much appreciated!

On my box (woody/sid mix and win2k), the only place a file with "ndbm"
in the name is found is a header in /usr/include/db1 and a header and
test program in cygwin.

The header file is from the 'libc6-dev' package.  Perhaps that linker
option is not correct for a debian system?  Duncan would know about
that, or check the diff (on packages.debian.org).

HTH,
-D

--

How great is the love the Father has lavished on us,
that we should be called children of God!