-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Doug
Young
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2002 10:30 PM
To: Justin Mason
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [SAtalk] dependencies / pre-requisites for installation in
FreeBSD

> > Would someone please enlighten me on dependencies / pre-requisites
> > for installation in FreeBSD. The 'official' documentation isn't
particularly
> > explicit about this stuff .... eg 'procmail' is mentioned but
> > without
saying
> > whether or not its essential, & no info provided on whether GNUmake
> > is required or if standard BSD 'make' is OK.
>
> I thought we were quite good about it, in the README file!
>
> procmail is essential *if* you're using (a) SpamAssassin for local
> delivery, (b) not using a milter, and (c) not using a Mail::Audit
> script instead.  So probably yes.
>
> BSD make is OK, if Perl generally uses it to build Perl modules.
> SpamAssassin is just anotehr Perl module in that respect.

Back to this stuff again  ..... searched high & low but definitely
nothing on this system even vaguely resembling a README file for
spamassassin. I have procmail installed but having major problems
comprehending the setup .... would appreciate info on any 'simple
english' HOWTo