Hi,

why is this list not filtered on the list server? It's open to
post for everyone. Should not every list like that be filtered?

cu,
Jan

Jonathan M. Manning wrote:
--On Sunday, November 03, 2002 9:25 AM -0800 John Rudd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

And the other side of the coin is ... how many spam messages (not reports
from list members talking about a spam they caught) have you seen come
through SAtalk?  I have yet to see one.

Really? You must have missed something. Just looking back through the last month, I see the subjects "You've got a secret admirer", "Multimedia Design at 5$ per hour", "Mutual Project" (Nigerian variant).

Spam gets sent directly to spamassassin-talk frequently. Clearly they are not very smart spammers. I'm sure this list ranks as one of the most spam unfriendly groups out there - it only helps us tune the rules to catch it next time.

On the other hand, they do know that there is no spam filtering on the server side of this list, and lots of people have it whitelisted.

~J