Ben Johansen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ok,
>
> Not to start a flame war, but have 2 NT Servers Pentium 233 that have
> been running for years, 24/7. There was a stretch from 96 to mid 99
> that they ran without being touched.
>
> I don't get this argument

It's the definition of "uptime".  In the *nix world, uptime means that
that the machine hasn't been shut down for any reason.

In the Windows world, everytime (well, *almost* everytime) a windows
update is applied, you have to reboot the server.  Every reboot restarts
that "uptime" clock.

So unless you didn't apply any security patches (gasp), I'm sure your 2
NT servers were not continuously running from 96 to 99.

Chris Barnes                                       AOL IM: CNBarnes
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                            Yahoo IM: chrisnbarnes
Computer Systems Manager                               ph: 979-845-7801
Department of Physics                                 fax: 979-845-2590
Texas A&M University