> I think, RBL is not the cause for this. I run RBL via qmail, not SA and
> sometimes there are 4/5 spamd processes when I run "ps aux" in the morning.
> I usually stop the original spamd and kill the others, then restart spamd.
> Running SA 2.54 on Suse 8.0.
> If someone could explain this, it'd be great.

I suspect that there are hung spamd's interacting with the "-m" parameter.
So if you have "-m 5" and, three processes are hung, you have limited
things to two copies of spamd. As the numbers of working copies of spamd
keeps decreasing, the number of procmail and sendmail processes keeps
increasing and eventually things really get out of control as you hit
paging space and max process problems.

--

Jack Gostl      [EMAIL PROTECTED]