> Jack,
>
> based on what you wrote, I added a "-m 2" option to my call of spamd, to
> limit the number of children to 2.
> This should solve at least my problem, since the default obviously was
> "unlimited". If that's wrong, could one of the developers or someone with
> more insight set us straight?
>
> Thanks
> Ralf G.

What will happen when a process calls spamd, and it is at the max children
already?  For instance, I have SA running server wide in a gateway
configuration with qmail as the MTA.  It calls spamd each time it writes to
the queue, so sometimes there are quite a few spamd processes running,
hogging up the processor.  If I limited this to say 5 processes by using "-m
5", what will happen to the 6th, 7th, etc. calls for spamd?

Thanks,

Chris

---