Not so simple :)

> 1.Spamassassins reads in the message
> 2. It then stores the original message in two variables
> 3. In the second variable remove all punctuation, spaces,
> special encoded
> characters, foreign language characters, html including html
> comments, and
> other methods used for obscufaction.

This will cause other problems.like if people don't space properly.Have you
seen my pen.Is it on my desk? I cu!NT server died today.

> 4. Then run the standard filters on it.
> 5. If it was clean then process the message using standard
> rules again in
> the unmodified state.

That was another problem. You may end up doubling the process time. I only
know these arguments, because I asked for the same thing a while back :)

> If it is spam then mark the original unmodified message as
> such and send it
> through. This will leave their only option being html image only spam.

Now, having said all those things.....there is already work being tested on
eval rules that remove punctuation. :-) I can't tell you anymore until
later. "The first rule of fightclub is you don't talk about fightclub."  ;)

--Chris Santerre