-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Matt
Kettler
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 1:01 AM
To: Richard Bewley; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [SAtalk] Adding another RBL

At 12:30 AM 12/4/03 -0500, Richard Bewley wrote:
>So, do I still need the 'bl', 'bl.blueshore.net'.'?  Or, can I just leave
>that out?

Well, you DEFINITELY need the bl.blueshore.net.. otherwise how would SA
know what blacklist to query?

The 'bl' part can be more-or-less any unique string. It's used to "store"
the result of one RBL check, so that later sub-checks can examine
individual parts of the answer. (Some RBL's are actually multiple lists in
one, and the IP address that you get after a lookup indicates which lists
were matched. SORBS works this way. 127.0.0.2 is one list, 127.0.0.4 is a
different one, etc..)

Here's my suggestion:

header RCVD_IN_MY_BNBL            eval:check_rbl
('blue','bl.blueshore.net.')
describe RCVD_IN_MY_BNBL          Listed by bl.blueshore.net
tflags RCVD_IN_MY_BNBL            net
score RCVD_IN_MY_BNBL             5.0

Technicaly I don't think the tflags line is needed here, but it won't hurt
anything... AFAIK it's just to control how the GA handles assigning scores
when the developers do a GA run.