On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Richard Bewley wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Now, I have the following:
> header RCVD_IN_MY_BNBL            eval:check_rbl('bl', 'bl.blueshore.net.',
> '2')
> describe RCVD_IN_MY_BNBL          Listed by bl.blueshore.net
> tflags RCVD_IN_MY_BNBL            net
> score RCVD_IN_MY_BNBL             5.0
>
> And it still doesn't work.  I also tried it without the '2', any more ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Richard

Richard,
Which version of SA are you using? There were changes in the DNSBL stuff
between 2.55 & 2.60.

If you are using 2.60, try this:

header RCVD_IN_MY_BNBL     rbleval:check_rbl('bl', 'bl.blueshore.net.')
describe RCVD_IN_MY_BNBL   Listed by bl.blueshore.net
tflags RCVD_IN_MY_BNBL     net
score RCVD_IN_MY_BNBL      5.0

Also make sure that your perl has the NET::DNS module loaded, your
config has not disabled the network tests, your DNS server is
working correctly, etc.

Do a:
  spamassassin -D --lint

and make sure that lines that look like this show up somewhere in
the output:

  debug: is Net::DNS::Resolver available? yes
  debug: is DNS available? 1
  debug: RBL: success for 2 of 2 queries

Note that there will be a bunch of other stuff intermixed, so you
may have to look closely.

Have you tried doing a DNS lookup on that RBL by hand to make sure
that you can resove from it?

Try doing:
  nslookup 2.0.0.127.bl.blueshore.net.

or:
  dig 2.0.0.127.bl.blueshore.net.

Make sure that you get back a valid IP resolition.

Note that your score is rather "stiff", be absolutly sure that
that RBL is -alway- good, otherwise you're going to get FPs.

#include <std_disclaimer.h>