On Sun, 18 Jan 2004, Matt Kettler wrote:
snip..

> 1) work with the RBL to get de-listed
>
> 2) change ISPs to move your IP to a different block.
>
> And that's about it.. The fact that SA notices that a source IP is listed,
> even though you use a legitimate mail relay, is NOT a bug. It's
> intentionally designed to do that.
>
> However, listing in a single RBL really shouldn't cause you any significant
> problems communicating with people who use SA. The threshold is 5.0 and for
> example, the person you linked to was complaining about RCVD_IN_SORBS.
>
> SORBS is a very low collateral damage list. The person posting is likely
> listed because his/her source IP is a zombie (ie: stolen or transferred in
> an illegal manner) or it's a got an open proxy on it. If it's got an open
> proxy, they can fix it and submit the IP for retesting..
>
> if the IP address is stolen and listed in the zombie block, they should be
> VERY wary of their ISP. They've obviously been buying IP blocks on the
> grey/black market.

My ip is listed in SORBS for the simple reason that it is in a dynamic
block of addresses administered by my ISP.  SORBS just states that I
should use my ISP mail server which I already do.

Since SORBS only adds 0.10 to the spamassassin total I'm not concerned.
DynaBlock was adding 4.00 and if I remember correctly spamassassin had a
problem where it was ignoring the fact that I was using my ISP's server.

--
Gerry

"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne"  Chaucer