Hmm, interesting twist there, hobo (slush fund) <G>; wish I'd
thought of it that way. I agree most politicians aren't
"stupid", but most ARE ignorant (in Webster's sense) of spam. I
have dealt with a few and am presently dealing with three of them
about spam, and all but one pretty freely admit they are ignorant
about spam, depend on their "advisors" for input, and "follow the
general concensus" of their constituents. Yadda, yadda, yadda.
So, OK, I'll admit they aren't stupid, but I do still stand by my
previous comment about their MO. They not only don't know much
about spam, but are not inclined to become educated, either,
unless they can make a major PR or plank out of it, which a few
have done.
You're certainly entititled to your own opinion, and the
situation may very slowly be changing, but if you'd like to see
where I come from, here are two exercises you may find
interesting:
1. Initiate a contact with your own reps/sens on the matter.
2. Go to the House/Senate sites and read some of the debates on
the internet where spam is concerned. It makes for an
interesting historical account if you can wade through the yadda
yadda.
Regards,
Tom
"hobo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
| Spam Fighter wrote:
|
| > Holy cow, no offense, but do you REALLY believe that?
Politicos
| > are USERS, not knowers, and simply don't know, care, or have
any
| > |
| > | I think most in Congress are fully aware of the spam
problem.
| > |
|
| I said it, I believe it. Politicians aren't stupid.
|
| Let's see, spammy donates to his slush fund,
| anti-spammers . . . doubtful they do the same.
| Now who get's a vote in their favor?
|
|
|
|
_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help