On 7/6/12 10:20 AM, Mark Frater wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Has there been any further developments / discussions in getting Spamdyke to
> run as a daemon or similar method in order to get it to work with other
> MTA's such as Postfix?
>
> Qmail is seriously long in the tooth and no longer maintained and for this
> reason more and more admins (including myself) are moving away from it - or
> want to.
>
> I would like to move to Postfix but I'm a loyal Spamdyke fan and as such the
> only thing holding me back is the fact that Spamdyke won't work!
>
> Kind Regards,
> Mark

I'm not sure why you say that Qmail is "long in the tooth" since an
unpatched Qmail with spamdyke front end is pretty much
state-of-the-art.  The fact that Qmail it is so lightweight and does
exactly what is needed in an efficient and data-safe manner makes a lot
of sense.

That said, I wouldn't mind a Postfix/spamdyke solution but that would
take a significant effort as spamdyke does things the Qmail way (uses
environment variables to pass information, etc.)

Gary