That is an interesting idea that wouldn't be hard to implement at all.  It
would certainly limit spam sent from compromised email accounts where the
envelope sender is different from the login.  Or it would at least force the
spammer to use the same sender address as the login name.  Of course, there
would have to be a way to provide a list of valid sender addresses for each
login -- I myself use 7 different addresses in my mail client for different
reasons but only one of them is "real", so that's the only one that will
authenticate.  But I'll make a note of it!  Any other interesting features that
might be handy?

As for the status of turning spamdyke into a daemon, it's honestly a long way
off.  I want to do it -- I've wanted to do that since I first started writing
spamdyke, but there are a few features ahead of it in line.

Over the last several months I've had about six hours (seriously) to work on
spamdyke.  I've spent that time trying to debug the recipient validation code,
which has so many possible configurations that it takes somewhere around 50000
test scripts to fully exercise.  (Needless to say, I'm not writing those by
hand -- I've written a program to generate them.)  So I've spent my time trying
to figure out how qmail *really* behaves (as opposed to what the documentation
says) so I can test my scripts so I can test spamdyke.  It's quite a slog.  I
really enjoy working on spamdyke and I don't want to abandon it; someday soon
I'm hoping my work situation will change (for the better) and give me a little
more free time.

-- Sam Clippinger