Hi,

        Is there some policy whereby patches to redhat's glibc 
are committed back to the original source tree?

        In particular, I have here a copy of glibc-2.0.106, the
latest developmental version, and I notice it lacks the
__longjump.S patch for sysdeps/sparc/sparc32/__longjump.S which
makes netscape happy.

        This disturbs me a little, because I'd like to see
a relatively bug-free sparclinux glibc 2.1 when it is released,
and certainly with all the _known_ bugs--esp. those that have 
already been fixed--patched.

        Along the same lines, I'd also love to see the xfree86
standard source include the Xsun server hacks/patches, but glibc
is probably more urgent because they seem to be headed for a
major release....

        Also, I too have noticed that X is unstable with:
Linux 2.1.125-130 on SS2 sun4c with cgthree framebuffer.  
For some reason, Linux 2.1.124 (CVS vger kernel around October 5,
1998) actually runs Xsun very nicely, it doesn't seem to crash.  
(2.1.123 and previous don't work either....)

        I'd be interested in hearing other people's X stories, esp.
if Linux 2.1.124 seems to make X more stable, 
        # cvs -z 3 update -APdD "October 5, 1998"
to try out the kernel which works best for me.

        I do not quite know enough to find the bug(s) myself very
efficiently, and I (probably others out there as well) would really
appreciate it if someone who did could take a look at the problem.

        If not, I may eventually be able to figure out a little more,
but don't hold your breath....

Thanks for your time,
Kevin Milans


-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe sparclinux" in
the body of the message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to