> > 
> >     Also, I too have noticed that X is unstable with:
> > Linux 2.1.125-130 on SS2 sun4c with cgthree framebuffer.  
> > For some reason, Linux 2.1.124 (CVS vger kernel around October 5,
> > 1998) actually runs Xsun very nicely, it doesn't seem to crash.  
> > (2.1.123 and previous don't work either....)
> 
> Sorry, I forgot which problem you're talking about. Can you tell me once
> again how does it crash and in which situation?
> Xsun24 seems to work just nicely for me on FFB in 2.1.130...

It looks like Xsun crashes whenever the load gets high or there's a lot
of graphics activity... the simplest thing which crashes Xsun for me is
moving around an xterm window like mad.  Sometimes this crashes it,
sometimes not....

When netscape likes to run (it likes to crash a _lot_ with a Bus Error),
it can crash Xsun pretty easily.

The sure-fire way to crash Xsun I've found is running Xgalaga for a bit,
/usr/X11R6/bin/xgal from Redhat 5.1 (probably also in 5.2?).  

>From what it sounds like, it shouldn't be that hard to reproduce the
crashes.. it would be very nice to have someone knowledgeable tracking
this one.  Are the bugs in Xsun, the kernel, or both?  I've got no
idea where to begin looking/how to go about hunting something like
this.

Thanks again,
Kevin Milans

-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe sparclinux" in
the body of the message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to