> In particular, I have here a copy of glibc-2.0.106, the
> latest developmental version, and I notice it lacks the
> __longjump.S patch for sysdeps/sparc/sparc32/__longjump.S which
> makes netscape happy.
As far as I know, that is the only patch which is pending. We'll try to
integrate it.
> Along the same lines, I'd also love to see the xfree86
> standard source include the Xsun server hacks/patches, but glibc
> is probably more urgent because they seem to be headed for a
> major release....
I've sent the Xsun* patches to XFree86 people, but probably at wrong time,
as they were preparing a release at that time. But it will need some
polishing, so it won't be that trivial and will take some time.
I have to finish XF86Config handling for Xsun* servers anyway.
>
> Also, I too have noticed that X is unstable with:
> Linux 2.1.125-130 on SS2 sun4c with cgthree framebuffer.
> For some reason, Linux 2.1.124 (CVS vger kernel around October 5,
> 1998) actually runs Xsun very nicely, it doesn't seem to crash.
> (2.1.123 and previous don't work either....)
Sorry, I forgot which problem you're talking about. Can you tell me once
again how does it crash and in which situation?
Xsun24 seems to work just nicely for me on FFB in 2.1.130...
Cheers,
Jakub
___________________________________________________________________
Jakub Jelinek | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://sunsite.mff.cuni.cz
Administrator of SunSITE Czech Republic, MFF, Charles University
___________________________________________________________________
Ultralinux - first 64bit OS to take full power of the UltraSparc
Linux version 2.1.130 on a sparc64 machine (3958.37 BogoMips)
___________________________________________________________________
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe sparclinux" in
the body of the message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]