Hi everyone,

I am trying to trick TPP into letting me use it to view annotated spectra
from a currently unsupported search algorithm, MS-GFDB (which is an
excellent tool by the way).  I was able to use a script I found online,
msgfdb2pepxml.py, to make the pepxml file and it does load using the TPP
pepXML viewer, but when I try to click on the ions to see a spectra I get
the following message:

command "c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\..\tpp-bin\tar.exe -tzf
c:/MSGFDB/output/orbivelos/A1A2mergedmzXML.tgz
"*A1A2merged.00003.00003.2.dta" > /dev/null" failed: Operation not
permitted Error - cannot read spectrum; tried direct .dta, from
mzXML/mzData and from .tgz

First of all, my data is not in a .tgz file so I am confused why it assumes
this.  Second, even if I put the mzXML into that directory as a .tgz
compressed file, it fails.  Do I need to use dta files for this feature?
 Otherwise does anyone know a good method for quickly viewing annotated
spectra?

Thanks in advance!  Best regards,
Jesse