Liam,

At this point, perl is not the issue for you; our problem is definitely
with your apache config.  The WEBSERVER_ROOT environment variable should
point to your webserver's document root i.e. the directory that contains
the index.html file that says "It Works!".  Is it possibly /var/www/html?
 I can't imagine it being really /usr/local/ as you have in your apache2
config file for TPP below.  One step at a time so fix that first, restart
apache, and try and to access http://localhost/tpp/cgi-bin/tpp_gui.pl.  If
the page doesn't open, what is the error message in your apache error log
file?

        # directory for tpp's executable files
        ScriptAlias /tpp/cgi-bin "/usr/local/tpp/cgi-bin"
        <Directory "/usr/local/tpp/cgi-bin">
                #AllowOverride AuthConfig Limit
                AllowOverride All
                Options Indexes +FollowSymLinks MultiViews ExecCGI +Includes
                AddHandler default-handler .jpg .png .css .ico .gif
                AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all
                SetEnv WEBSERVER_ROOT /usr/local/
*Is it possible the above line should read /usr/local/tpp/ ???*
                #SetEnv WEBSERVER_ROOT /var/www
        </Directory>

- Jimmy