J Lovejoy:
> Specifically, when adding other BSD-x-Clause licenses, we have tried to
> follow the same pattern for the identifiers as it aids in identifying what
> exactly the license is, which I think everyone finds helpful!  Hence the use
> of BSD-x-Clause-<extra> was intentional and thus, why I suggested such a
> pattern here. I suppose we could add a more generalized note to that effect
> in the guidelines as well.

I agree, I think something like "BSD-2-Clause-Patent" would be the better
choice:
* It's more consistent with the other licenses
* All the existing tools can handle that, even if they can only handle
identifiers (not expressions)
* Using "-with-" is hard to distinguish from the operator "... WITH ..." when
spoken
* Using "...plus..." is hard to distinguish from terminating "+" when spoken

I hope that SPDX & OSI will agree on a short name, too...!

--- David A. Wheeler