Well, I'll stick my neck out here for my first post since AX drives most
of my interest in OpenID (aside from being an identity junkie in general).

As an implementor - there would be extremely positive benefits from
having a base set of attributes defined and available @
schema.openid.net . I agree that the people most interested right now
are the OpenID community & implementors and it makes sense (to me) for
openid.net to offer something - even just as a 'getting started point'.

The problem is, if we wait for something neutral / 3rd party, the
waiting game could take forever - and get drawn up in debates on how to
most properly define "First Name".

To quote a member of this list, "simple and open wins". Let's keep it
simple. The beauty of AX that we can declare attribute equivalence, as
well as RPs are free to use "more proper" attributes long term.

What we need now (from my point of view) is a base set that we can work
against to build momentum behind AX (building on the momentum already
behind OpenID).

So, +1 for going ahead with schema.openid.net

My $0.02CAD.

James Walker :: http://walkah.net/ :: xmpp:[EMAIL PROTECTED]