James Walker wrote:

> As an implementor - there would be extremely positive benefits from
> having a base set of attributes defined and available @
> schema.openid.net . I agree that the people most interested right now
> are the OpenID community & implementors and it makes sense (to me) for
> openid.net to offer something - even just as a 'getting started point'.

[snip]

> What we need now (from my point of view) is a base set that we can work
> against to build momentum behind AX (building on the momentum already
> behind OpenID).

If our goal is to not reinvent the wheel, then let's just identify some
AX mappings for the existing SREG fields, thus killing two birds with
one stone: people migrating from SREG get some fields that offer
one-to-one mappings, and these fields can be defined just by referencing
the existing SREG specification so we avoid having to define anything.

SREG seems to be working well in the common case, so it seems like a
reasonable place to start.