--- In [email protected], "kovacic81"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Hello again everyone
> 
> Mike, you said you averaged 6.01 for step 4 with 13 moves avg?
> Thats pretty much where I am.  But we're both still doing it at 2.5
> moves/sec... 
> 
> STEP 4
> 
> For cases when 1 ledge/redge is already inserted, I need to learn Ming
> Thai's algorithms.  This could help me greatly.  To learn this, do you
> guys read the top 3 stickers?  ICI, CCC, ICC and so on..
> Or do you see bad edges, and know ways to flip certain bad edges?
> 
> For cases when both ledge and redge are already inserted, I need to
> learn algs to flip 2 edges in M layer(besides (M'UM'UM'd2)2).  Or a
> faster one to flip 4 edged in M layer(besides F'L'F (M'U)4 F'LF). 
> Both of these are pure(preserve position).
> 
> For cases when ledge and redge are in DF and DB and good, you can use
> 1 of 3 ELLs to fix edges in upper layer.  All are common OLLs.
> (FR'F'R)(L'U)(RU')M'
> (RUR'U')M'U(RU'r')
> MU(RUR'U')M2U(RU'r')
> 
> For cases when DF and DB are good, and ledge and redge are in U layer,
> full ELL can solve all cases.  Even the aformentioned 3 can help.
> 
> These are all of my thoughts so far on step 4.  It seems like a lot,
> and I didn't even talk about the hypothetical ZBesque table for
> permutation of 6 oriented cubies.
> 
> Jason Kovacic
> 
> PS. I need help with flipping 6 edges.  There has to be a relatively
> short alg to flip all 6.  Position is not a factor.  Im guessing Maybe
> 8 moves?

If you're learning Roux, I think adding the ELL and special cases like
that in can only help.  It's 29 algs for ELL, and the ZB type table
would only have <30 algs, as well.  Not too bad.

I only notice which edges are bad, and flip accordingly.  The
recognization takes only fractions of a second.

The shortest alg I can come up with for orienting all 6 edges is 11
moves, which is the same as doing it the normal Roux way.  M' U M U M'
U M' U2 M U M'.  Basically, it's a move to flip the UF, DF, UL, and UR
edges combined with one for the UF and UB edges.  The normal way is
M'UM' U2 MUM U M'UM'.  I can do that one in about 2.3 seconds.  The
fastest other one I've found is 15 moves: (M'U)*4 MUM'U2MUM'.  You
should be able to do that one well under 3 seconds after a couple of
tries.  I can't complain about 5.35 moves/second. :) The normal way is
still faster for me, but I've only practiced the new way for a minute.
 Time will tell.  Still, you really only get this orientation (or the
four incorrect edges on top, which solves the same way) 2/28 solves.

As far as your first alg you posted, try doing those d2's as U2's. 
It's the same thing, really, but you can click U2 very quickly with an
index finger twice, or follow with your middle finger.

I definitely need to learn more of this method.

-Mike
team [zb]





------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/MXMplB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/speedsolvingrubikscube/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to