Jim Morrison [Mailinglists] said:

> Hello guys..
>
> Does anyone know if it's possible to get two 500k BT ADSL lines running
> in multilink? By which I mean, appearing as 1x 1Mb:DownStream and
> 500k:UpStream line? (Through a linux box of course ;)
>
> I guess there would be obvious problems like the two lines having
> different IP addresses etc..??

Yes its possible if you do shenanigans with linux traffic control to split
packets between two links. Its probably worth reading up the Linux Advanced
Routing howto for ideas on how this could be done.

However whats cheaper, getting two seperate copper lines for two seperate
ADSL links or just getting a faster ADSL link? What about cable, if your
lucky and in a cable broadband area just pay them a bit more for a 1mb link.

> Kindest,
> Jim
>

> Jim Morrison
> _____________________________________
> Technology & Development Partner
> Isotope LLP
> 9, 2 Laura Place
> Bath, BA2 4BH
> UK
> +44  (0) 1225  446170
> +44  (0) 7940 937822
> www.mediaisotope.com
>

> Liste de diffusion modem ALCATEL SpeedTouch USB
> Pour se désinscrire :
> mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=unsubscribe

Alex
www.bennee.com/~alex/

Pour se désinscrire : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=unsubscribe