Jim Morrison [Mailinglists] wrote:

>Yeah..  It'd be a problem I guess... It is a considerable saving cos
>BT's .5Mb lines are sold as single-user lines @c£29/month.. But once you
>get up to 1M the price jumps..
>
>Thing is.. It's not so much the 1Mb Downstream I'm after, it's the .5Mb
>Upstream.. And yeah.. The two .25Mb streams would be on different IP's..
>So it'd never be useful......

Ah... Yes it would... In the same way that it's useful having IBM host
the Olympics website at multiple locations around the globe. They all
have different IP's... The way it works is by using a DNS server that
will return more than one address... RR is the easiest method (You could
build something smarter & test the response from the server to the
client down both paths & use the quickest/ and/or least loaded) and have
50% of the requests come into one and 50% of the requests come into the
other.... You also need to do advance routing, so that traffic to ppp0
always goies out ppp0 and traffic to ppp1 always goes out ppp1 as well.

Not impossible. But does depend on you trying to speed up MULTIPLE
connections at once, and not just have a single big pipe for single
connection speed...

(I've skipped some assumptions as well probably, since I don't know 100%
what you're doing over the links).

>BRING ON SDSL!! ... easyNet do SDSL, but they haven't unbundled our
>local exchange..

Yeah. At what price?

--

I don't suffer from Insanity...         | Linux User #16396
        I enjoy every minute of it...   |

http://www.travellingkiwi.com/          |

Pour se désinscrire : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=unsubscribe