On Thu, 2002-09-26 at 12:04, Jim Morrison [Mailinglists] wrote:

> Hello guys..
>
> Does anyone know if it's possible to get two 500k BT ADSL lines running
> in multilink? By which I mean, appearing as 1x 1Mb:DownStream and
> 500k:UpStream line? (Through a linux box of course ;)
>
> I guess there would be obvious problems like the two lines having
> different IP addresses etc..??
>

> Kindest,
> Jim

I'm currently trying to get this exact situation to work.  I have two
512K adsl lines (UK: Pipex) and two frogs.

At present, despite loads of tinkering, I'm at a brick wall as far as
getting the current drivers to work with two modems on the same machine
(at least under FreeBSD 4.3 - both modem_run and pppoa2 seem to object
to being run twice, even on different specified devices) and so I am
about to load up another old PC so as to run a modem from each - at this
point I can either play with routing tables to split traffic coming from
the network, or get to grips with netgraph and it's one-to-many mode
(the name of which escapes me at the moment).

Rob

Pour se désinscrire : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=unsubscribe