On Sun, Jul 13, 2003 at 07:36:19PM +0000, Nuno Ricardo Gomes Antunes wrote:
Hi,

> I'm experiencing the same dificulties as Nuno Teixeira. I believe we use the
> same internet provider: sapo. Internet access is still no go :(
>
> Anyway, this is what I've done so far:
>
> 1 - Added the following to /etc/usbd.conf so that the firmware gets uploaded
> to the modem as soon as the modem is hotplugged:
>
> # Alcatel Speedtouch USB
> device "Alcatel SpeedTouch USB"
>     devname "ugen[0-9]+"
>     vendor 0x06b9
>     product 0x4061
>     attach "/usr/local/sbin/modem_run -f /usr/local/libdata/mgmt.o"
>
> 2 - Added if_tap_load="yes" to /boot/loader.conf so that the module gets
> loaded at startup
>
> 3 - Pulled the latest sources from cvs, applied Francois Rogler's 2nd patch
> for pppoa3, compiled and installed it
>
> 4 - Configured /etc/ppp/ppp.conf to include the following:

[...]

Well thanks for all this feedback, your configuration seems good.
I would like to know a few things:
Does your provider requires you to connect in pppoe or can you use
pppoa ?
If your provider allow pppoa, did you first manage to use pppoa3 in
normal mode (ie pppoa) ?
I don't really know what's the status of freebsd threads, and maybe you
would have to use the linux compatibity threads as described in a
previous mail by someone else but seems to be a pain in the ass.
So to avoid that, I started to backport most of pppoe code in pppoa2
(fork version). I hope to have a version to test later in the week.
I'll send it to you.

keep going,

--
Francois Rogler