Selon Duncan Sands <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> > Don't somebody else saw this sort of 'disabled by hub (EMI?),
> > re-enabling...' message wich do a partial modem reset?
> > Most of the time with pppoa3, the firmware stay in the modem, so an usb
> > reset is necessary to reconnect but it's may not the case for kernel
> > driver.
>
> Do you also get it if you unplug the modem?
Yes, I have seen that after the mail I send you before.

> > It is understandable that there is some problem due to this desorderly
> > modem reset but it's may more related to 'pppd[721]: connect(8.35): No
> such
> > device' than the speedtch module.
>
> Well, I have no idea yet.  I don't see how reseting the modem could cause
> problems for the module.  I will try to find out what this EMI message
> means.

I think this is _USB_ wich is reset (and the modem firmware was reset too all
the time I saw the bug yesterday). The module use some interface over usb and
may not be happy when interfaces disapeared.
If I remember well, when pppoa3 was used, the firmware stay in the modem and it
is necessary to reset usb by removing usb-core to be able to start again
modem_run.

My experience for this EMI message is that it is really related to power EMI.
Sometime when I got to sleep and put the light off, wich is a luminescent tube,
I reset this modem or others (ECI usb) with this bug.
 (hard modem testing mode :-) )

But I know that it's may be too software related.
I have experienced that with ECI usb modem driver V0.7, I had very often this
bug in PPPoE mode and less in PPPoA. And with V0.8 wich work really better,
there is no more such a difference PPPoA/PPPoE.

It's may be related to some bug in the usb chipset (Intel PIIX3 uhci) on my
motherboard. I can test on one motherboard with ohci.