F J Brooks wrote:
> tried the 'unzip' command (unzip SpeedTouch330_firmware_3012.zip &&
> ./firmware-extractor ZZZL_3.012), and got the same response as before:
>
> unzip: cannot find or open SpeedTouch330_firmware_3012.zip,
> SpeedTouch330_firmware_3012.zip.zip or SpeedTouch330_firmware_3012.zip.ZIP

That's because windows has formated your floppy disk with an older version of
fat
which has shortened all the names to six characters and renamed them with lower
case
letters. You'll need to use the ls command to see what it is actually called
and
enter the real name instead of SpeedTouch330_firmware_3012.zip

> I then unzipped the ST330.zip file in my home folder (using the 'extract'
> command in Konqueror), and then (per TLK), copied the zzzl_3.012 file into
> /lib/hotplug/firmware.

The zzzl_3.012 won't work in that form. You'll need to split it in to two
parts,
speedtch-1.bin and speedtch-2.bin with the firmware-extractor and then copy
those two
files into /lib/hotplug/firmware

./firmware-extractor zzzl_3.012