F J Brooks wrote:
> On Tue 10/05/2005 08:22, Andrew Benton wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ # sudo cp[ speedtch* /lib/hotplug/firmware
>
> I then followed through the rest of the TLK procedure: Secrets, PPP Over
> ATM, Make a Bootscript.
>
> Then rebooted ('...and you should be online.')
>
> Unfortunately not! Konqueror gives me 'error' message when I try to access
> www.bbc.co.uk.

Is that [ a typo? Could you check that the speedtch-1.bin and speedtch-2.bin
files
did get copied into /lib/hotplug/firmware? Did the firmware load into the modem
when
you rebooted? The right led flashes about ten times while the firmware loads
and the
kernel prints some reassuring messages in the system logs
ADSL line is synchronising
ADSL line is up (576 Kib/s down | 288 Kib/s up)
That sort of thing. Did things get as far as ppp call speedtch? Did pppd print
anything in the system logs?