On 2009-10-07, John H Palmieri wrote:

> On Oct 5, 1:47 pm, Oben <obenso...@googlemail.com> wrote:

>> I browsed a bit in Sage's doc and so far only found the style
>> mentioned by Fernando (INPUT ..). Do I get you right that you plan to
>> convert these to :param:... markup in the future?

> A few days ago, I opened a trac ticket for Sage to document this
> markup and also to use it in one portion of the documentation.  I
> think that it would be nice to eventually convert everything to
> the :param: markup, but it's pretty low on the priority list for Sage
> developers.

A main advantage of reST is the nice and intelligable look in plain-text
format. Using too many roles and directives, this feature is lost.

The docstring should be easy to read and understand also if I get it via
help(somefun) in a console or x-terminal. Lots of :strange:`markup` can be
distracting there. Choosing the right default role might help.

Günter