Robert -

From: rras...@gmail.com [mailto:rras...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Robert Raszuk
Sent: Tuesday, August 04, 2015 1:17 PM
To: Les Ginsberg (ginsberg)
Cc: Pushpasis Sarkar; Hannes Gredler; stephane.litkow...@orange.com; Aissaoui,
Mustapha (Mustapha); spring@ietf.org; Uma Chunduri; Shraddha Hegde
Subject: Re: [spring] Modeling SRGB configuration for draft-ietf-spring-sr-yang

Les,

It is protocols which as used to construct and signal topologies. If I have two
topologies where in your model of global SRGB do I allocate a block of A to one
topo and block of B to the other ?
[Les:] It is up to the vendor to define a config model. But there is no need
for topology specific SRGBs – only SIDs specific to a given prefix/topology
pair. One can imagine many possible config models.

Now as to the "magic" part if I have global SRGB where do I allocate a block of
it for one protocol/instance vs another ?
[Les:] You don’t. SIDs are a property of the prefix – not the protocol
advertising the prefix. IN this way only one incoming label is required/prefix
in the forwarding plane. One SRGB is sufficient for all protocols.
Please read my recent response to Pushpasis for further details.

   Les

Maybe this will clarify a lot and close this thread ...

Best,
R.

On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 9:07 PM, Les Ginsberg (ginsberg)