Hi Pushpasis,

On 8/3/15, 6:13 AM, "spring on behalf of Pushpasis Sarkar"
<spring-boun...@ietf.org on behalf of psar...@juniper.net> wrote:

>Hi Les,
>
>On 8/1/15, 4:56 AM, "Les Ginsberg (ginsberg)" <ginsb...@cisco.com> wrote:
>
>>What is more problematic is supporting multiple labels for the same
>>prefix - which is one of the consequences of the per-protocol SRGB
>>approach. I am not saying this is unsupportable - just that it is a more
>>difficult problem to solve.
>[Pushpasis] If we can support multiple protocol routes (each providing an
>IP next hop) per IP prefix, I donĀ¹t see why there should be problem
>supporting multiple protocol routes (each providing a labeled next hop)
>for the same IP prefix.

In the simple next-hop case, only the most preferred protocol (lowest
admin distance or precedence) route will be installed in the data plane.
If I understand correctly, in this case the most preferred protocol would
install the NHLFE and a cross-connect. Additionally, other less preferred
protocols would install additional cross-connects using different labels.
Correct?

Thanks,
Acee