> On Feb 28, 2017, at 8:29 PM, Anoop Ghanwani <an...@alumni.duke.edu> wrote:
>
> I support publication of the document as an informational RFC.
>
> Below are my comments.
>
> Thanks,
> Anoop
>
> ==
>
> - pg 5, line 1
>   What is the criteria that allow sharing the AS number?  Is there a
> reference?

we changed this to “use the same AS”. As explained in 4.3, using the same AS
brings the update loop prevention mechanism so facilitate filtering and
propagation.

> - pg 6
>   "This means that every new connection will be established
>    obliviously (memory- less) with regards to the paths chosen
>     before, or chosen by other nodes."
>   I am not sure what "chosen by other nodes" adds.  I think it
>   can be removed.

It refers to the “obliviousness” extended also to the choices that other nodes
of the network could have made.

> - pg 7
>   "local label 1600x" -> "local label (16000 + x).
>   Also because of the way loopbacks are assigned, does this mean that the
> number nodes that this scheme can handle is 512?  May be good to mention why
> this is considered a good number.

the example assumes loopbacks assigned from 192.0.2/24. It gives you 255 host
addresses. This is of course just illustrative.

> - pg 11
>   "BGP Prefix Segment 16011 then directs the packet down to Node11 along the
> path (Node5, Node9, Node11)."
>   I think it would be worth mentioning that node 9 need not appear in this
> path.  In general, because of the nature of clos topologies, there is no need
> to have intermediate nodes between the spine and the ToR on the way down.
> (If there is, it would be good to know why.)

maybe I’m missing your point but the example is baed on the illustrative
topology where 9 in the shortest path but you don’t need to specify 9 in the
segment list. This is base of SR explained in the architecture draft.

> Editorial

I fixed the remaining editorial nits.

Thanks.

s.