> On Mar 1, 2017, at 5:48 PM, Anoop Ghanwani <an...@alumni.duke.edu> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the responses.
>
> On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 7:44 AM, Stefano Previdi (sprevidi)
> <sprev...@cisco.com> wrote:
>
> > On Feb 28, 2017, at 8:29 PM, Anoop Ghanwani <an...@alumni.duke.edu> wrote:
> >

> > - pg 5, line 1
> >   What is the criteria that allow sharing the AS number?  Is there a
> > reference?
>

> we changed this to “use the same AS”. As explained in 4.3, using the same AS
> brings the update loop prevention mechanism so facilitate filtering and
> propagation.
>

> I think your response is about the spine/leaf nodes.  My comment is about the
> ToR nodes.

the same applies. The rules and guidelines related to bgp deployment and AS
numbering are the same.

> > - pg 7
> >   "local label 1600x" -> "local label (16000 + x).
> >   Also because of the way loopbacks are assigned, does this mean that the
> > number nodes that this scheme can handle is 512?  May be good to mention
> > why this is considered a good number.
>

> the example assumes loopbacks assigned from 192.0.2/24. It gives you 255 host
> addresses. This is of course just illustrative.
>
> It may be good to mention explicitly that the numbers used are illustrative.
> I did not get that impression when reading the draft.
>

> > - pg 11
> >   "BGP Prefix Segment 16011 then directs the packet down to Node11 along
> > the path (Node5, Node9, Node11)."
> >   I think it would be worth mentioning that node 9 need not appear in this
> > path.  In general, because of the nature of clos topologies, there is no
> > need to have intermediate nodes between the spine and the ToR on the way
> > down.  (If there is, it would be good to know why.)
>

> maybe I’m missing your point but the example is baed on the illustrative
> topology where 9 in the shortest path but you don’t need to specify 9 in the
> segment list. This is base of SR explained in the architecture draft.
>

> Yes, that is indeed my point. I think it would be better to remove it and
> have a statement that says why it doesn't appear pointing to the arch doc.

I will add a reference but remember that this is a use case draft. For the
mechanics of SR you always have to reference to the architecture draft (in
fact, it is referenced in many places in the draft).

Thanks.
s.