Joel M. Halpern wrote on 05/09/2019 14:11:
Part of the reason we write restrictions and requirements into RFCs is so that we do not have to repeat the arguments.

If the proponents of the insertion have arguments for why it is now okay, they need to make those arguments.  And they need to make sure that the discussion is taken to the relevant working groups.  The burden should not be on those who are asking that attention be paid to existing RFCs.

+1 on this. there's been extensive discussion about this issue on 6man, and the onus is on the authors of draft-ietf-spring-srv6-network-programming to justify this change in behaviour in IPv6 specification rather than the other way around.

Nick