Hi Ron,

Your below example has nothing to do with Internet Standard violation.

You are free to define new ethertype and new IP header format any time you
wish to do so.

Obviously it can not be called IPv6 any more as it is not compatible with
IPv6 IP header format.

Main reason why SRv6 has chosen to use IPv6 is to make
architecture practically deployable and to make sure SR packets can be
forwarded by legacy nodes not SRv6 aware.

Best,
Robert.