Tony,

I am afraid you missed my point :(

Any IP address can be split into routable part and non routable part (or
perhaps to be more correct globally routable part and locally routable
part).

So I am not contradicting myself at all stating that if I got /24 or /64
from RIR and I advertise those to attract traffic and I can do whatever I
want with the remaining 8 or 64 bits.

Remember ISDN or better E.164 numbers ? My number is is my base number and
extension - DDI or DID. If I assign DDI to fax or voice mail or phone in
the kitchen has no bearing on the telephone network, rest of the number to
reach me.

Besides all that we are taking here about encapsulated packets anyway - so
even how I make sure the prefix or locator are advertised and installed in
the FIBs should be not a concern to any of my neighbors. If my encapsulated
packets leak (or as some say escape) and I use legal prefix assigned by RIR
as part of the DST address there are bunch of tools deployed today which
should drop it right there on the other edge.

Best,
R.